Beauty Independent is looking for a full-time beauty business editor to join its tightly-knit team and expand its coverage of the beauty field. This person will assist in creating a daily slate of content that is aligned with the Beauty Independent brand and the editorial voice of the company. Candidates will be expected to come with ideas for and write news and feature stories and attend digital weekly content meetings. The ideal candidate is proactive, creative and collaborative. This position will report to the Editor In Chief Rachel Brown and Executive Editor Jane Carlson.
- Writing an average of 4 stories per week on independent beauty brands, deals, and consumer and industry trends.
- Developing and maintaining brand and industry contacts, conducting relevant interviews, shaping the direction of daily content, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Editing and inputting articles by freelance contributors as needed.
- Demonstrable experience in the writing and editing of daily news content for business professionals in any industry (previous beauty business writing helpful, but not a requirement). Writing samples and a test assignment will likely be requested.
- Proficiency in WordPress and familiarity with digital publishing principles (SEO, meta-descriptions, etc.)
- Proficiency in AP writing style
- A love of beauty and wellness, and an understanding of entrepreneurial business principles.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and ambition.
Health and Retirement Benefits
January 1, 2023 (or sooner)APPLY HERE
Digital Sales Manager
This Digital Sales Manager (DSM) will be responsible for selling BI digital assets, primarily, among the solution provider community, as well as the brand and investor community in some cases. Solution providers are vendors who help beauty entrepreneurs build their brands by providing services such as formulation, manufacturing, packaging, branding and logistics. The DSM is responsible for outreach to the solution provider community, both direct via targeted marketing and response to inbound inquiries. A substantial part of the DSM’s time is on the phone or email with clients, learning their business and then connecting them to and closing them on the appropriate BI offering.
- In collaboration with BI Senior Management, analyze and segment the solution provider community to identity the most attractive customers to target going forward.
- Help BI’s leadership refine and evolve their service offerings (i.e. sponsored webinars, articles, emails) to best meet the needs and preference of the customers.
- Build relationships with the existing solution provider clients and seek new opportunities to leverage BI.
- Oversee and respond to all inbound inquiries regarding partnership opportunities.
- Work closely with IBMG marketing to develop and implement a coordinated outreach strategy to generate a healthy sales pipeline of new opportunities in-line with sales targets.
- Develop timely follow-up on all business opportunities and, as needed, write clear, concise and brief proposals.
- Conduct efficient follow-ups to close on business opportunities.
- Work closely with the IBMG’s finance to ensure timely invoicing and collection from clients.
- Consistently utilize IBMG’s CRM (Zoho) to maintain a detailed and clear view of sales pipeline.
- Consistently monitor and analyze personal performance against sales targets goals and other KPIs.
- Work closely with the head of BI to communicate monthly feedback of customer satisfaction, identify new opportunities and review sales strategy and targets.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in previous B2B sales role (beauty preferred but not required).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or G suite–especially Google Sheets.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast growing and rapidly-changing environment where flexibility is key.
- A “people’s person”, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated in a remote working environment.
- Able to work with others in a friendly and collaborative manner.
Health and Retirement Benefits
January 1, 2023APPLY HERE