The Solutions DirectoryLearn how to use the Uplink Solutions Directory to find the right solution provider for you.
Create an Uplink RequestLearn how to use Uplink Requests to easily and efficiently contact trusted solutions providers
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Uplink?
- Uplink by Beauty Independent is a digital services marketplace designed to help brands identify and connect with qualified solution providers.
- Uplink directories contain more than 600 solution providers across six major functional categories.
How Can I Access Uplink?Uplink is fully accessible through a subscription to Beauty Independent.
What Makes Uplink Unique?
- In addition to a comprehensive list of beauty industry solution providers, Uplink features listings for Verified Vendors: indie-attuned companies that want to work with emerging brands. They understand the realities of operating a small business and have tailored their offering to better address the needs in the indie beauty space.
- Uplink offers brands the use of Uplink Requests, digital work proposals sent by brands to Verified Vendors that specialize in the work outlined in the request.
- Uplink Live is managed by Beauty Independent, the definitive news and information destination for independent beauty. It is produced by the Indie Beauty Media Group, the authority in independent beauty and an organization with a proven track record of bringing a variety of innovative solutions to support the growth of independent brands and the success of beauty entrepreneurs.
How Is Uplink by Beauty Independent Different from Uplink Live?
- Uplink is a digital platform and Uplink Live is a physical event that take place alongside Indie Beauty Expo (IBE) New York.
- Uplink Live is an opportunity to discover and connect in person with solution providers.
- Both Uplink and Uplink Live are produced by Indie Beauty Media Group.
How Is Uplink Organized?
- The main Directory contains all the companies tracked by Uplink; it is accessed via the Search button on the Uplink home page.
- Above the company listings on the Director page are links to the six major company categories of Uplink:
- Product Manufacturing
- Shipping, Logistics and Sales
- Strategy, Marketing and Branding
- PR and Influencer Relations
- Business Operations
- Technology and Technical Development
- Verified Vendors are listed in alphabetical order at the top of the main Directory and in the major categories.
- The directories can be sorted by Focus (particular business specialities within each category) and Location, in alphabetical order.
How Are the Directories Organized?
- Companies are listed alphabetically, Verified Vendors first.
- Business specialities are listed in the Focus column. Rollover menus for each category button list the Focus, or the specific business specialities, of the companies in the category.
What Is the Best Way to Search Uplink?
- To find a company by name, scroll the main Directory, organized alphabetically.
To find a specific function, options include:
- Identify the company Category and Focus that matches the area of inquiry, then scroll the directory.
- Use the Additional Filters button to locate dropdown menus for Focus areas and Deliverables (specific tasks supported by vendors).
- File an Uplink Request.
- Send a message to Uplink managers via the Need Help Searching button. We’ll get back to you within 48 hours.
- To find a company by name, scroll the main Directory, organized alphabetically. To find a specific function, options include:
What Is an “Uplink Verified Vendor”?
- An Uplink Verified Vendor is a solution provider who has submitted documentation validating their business and key information.
- Verified Vendors have produced a full company profile, three relevant business references with the indie beauty universe, and sample deliverables for review and validation by Beauty Independent.
- Verified Vendors are listed at the top of all directories, in alphabetical order.
How Does a Solution Provider Become a Verified Vendor?A solution provider can apply for Verified Vendor status via the form here.
What Is an Uplink Request?
- An Uplink Request is a digital work request sent by brands to qualified Verified Vendors.
- Uplink Requests are filed in a simple three-step process.
- Identify an area of need and select a project category.
- Select all the project deliverables that apply.
- Complete your company details, including budget range for the project (or leave blank), and file the request.
What Happens After I File an Uplink Request?
- After you file the uplink request, the project details and your company details are sent to Verified Vendors with the capacity to deliver on the project.
- If the project interests a Verified Vendor, they will reach out and you can coordinate next steps.
Can Solution Providers Who Are Not Exhibiting at Uplink Live Become Verified Vendors?Yes. Exhibiting at Uplink Live or becoming a Verified Vendor are two separate activities, though Verified Vendors who exhibit are identified as such as the show and their participation in Uplink Live will be indicated in the listings and on their company page.
Tutorials and Help
- You may access the tutorials here on the Help page.
- You may request additional help by contacting Uplink managers via the Need Help Searching button.